PRP or platelet-rich plasma is an innovative treatment used in the treatment of hair loss, skin rejuvenation and injury trauma. PRP therapy draws on the body’s own wound repair properties to promote long-lasting healing effects. In the treatment of facial rejuvenation, PRP therapy revitalises your skin, producing new collagen and elastin for a more youthful appearance. PRP treatment is also used to stimulate and strengthen hair follicles for new hair growth.
In this article, we explain the process of PRP treatment and the benefits you can achieve for hair loss and facial rejuvenation.
Platelet-rich plasma contains high concentrations of growth factors. These growth factors, when used in medical practices, accelerate the natural repair and healing process of the skin. The process of PRP treatment is as follows:
- A small amount of blood is taken from the patient
- The blood is spun in a centrifuge to separate out the platelet-rich plasma. This is a highly-concentrated form of ‘anti-ageing serum’ or ‘repair serum’.
- The platelet-rich plasma is then carefully injected into the treatment area to stimulate regeneration of new cells.
Platelets are extremely fragile, therefore extreme care and precision must be used. At Medical Aesthetic Laser Clinics, we invest in only the best technology and techniques, enabling us to deliver quality results. In our clinics, platelet-rich plasma concentrations are four to six times the patient’s entire platelet count. Treatment must be performed by an experienced clinician, in a medical facility, under strict sterile conditions. Medical Aesthetic Laser Clinics are Melbourne’s most trusted and experienced in laser and aesthetic treatments.
BENEFITS OF PRP
PRP treatment for facial rejuvenation is often referred to as the ‘angel’ or ‘vampire’ facelift. The process encourages your skin to rejuvenate itself over an extended period of time and due to this, is one of the most cost-effective anti-ageing treatments available.
For facial rejuvenation, benefits include:
- Full facial rejuvenation
- Improvement to sun damaged and prematurely ageing skin
- Treats dark circles under the eyes
- Treats hollowness and tear troughs under the eyes
- Tightens sagging skin on neck and jawline
For thinning hair or hair loss
- Treatment for alopecia
- Slows the rate of thinning hair and prevents further hair loss
- Can reduce the appearance of scarring on the scalp
At Medical Aesthetic Laser Clinics, we are Melbourne’s most experienced and trusted aesthetic clinic with over 33 years’ experience. We offer a free consultation where we can discuss your treatment goals, recommend a customised treatment plan and answer any questions that you have. Simply click on one of the buttons below to ask a question or book your complimentary consultation online now. Alternatively, you can call our friendly team on 1800 052 737.
For more information on laser hair removal see these pages: